Saturday, July 23, 2011

One Month

This post is only 5 days late so I think I'm doing pretty well!! Samuel turned one month old on Monday, July 18th. It's crazy to me that he has been here for a month already!! We have learned so much during this last month!! Here are some strengths and struggles that we are going through right now:

Strengths:
Samuel sleeps through the night pretty well.
He is interacting more and has smiled at us a couple of times!
He loves to ride in the car and will pretty much fall asleep when we go anywhere.
He's over 9 pounds now!
We've taken Samuel to church several times now and he has done great!
He has discovered the toys on his bouncer and will sit in it (sometimes) for about 20 minutes.
He loves being outside and will pretty much calm down every time we take him out.
He has strong hands and a strong neck!

Struggles:
He is still pretty fussy during the day.
Sometimes I'm not sure if he's getting enough milk because he will be fussy right after a feeding.
His main fussy time starts at about 5:00, right when Matthew gets home from work! Poor Matthew.
It takes me like a day just to pump enough milk for one bottle. Sam eats a lot!
I've figured out that cheese and spicy foods do not sit well with him. I'm also wondering about caffeine...
The boy has some bad gas!

We love our boy!!

1 comment:

  1. What a little cutie! I love his outfit in the picture. I can't believe it's already been a month either!

    ReplyDelete