Sunday, June 5, 2011

Baby's Coming Soon!

School's out!! I am so glad to be done. The end of school is always crazy with getting my classroom packed up, making sure grades are done, having assemblies, etc. It's such a relief to be out.

Matthew and I both had Monday off because of Memorial Day so we decided to go to Studio Movie Grill and to a Roughriders baseball game. The game was at 4 and it was EXTREMELY hot. I left our seats which were in the sun and went to sit on a ledge in the shade. I must have looked BAD because this man who worked there came over to me and said that there were extra seats in the shade on the other side. He also pointed me to the clinic just in case!! So Matthew and I headed to our new seats, which were actually better than our originals (right behind home plate!) and we were able to enjoy the rest of the game. We had a fun day together...I wish we had more days like that when we are both off.


Matthew started a new job last week and he really loves it. He is still at Citi but moved from bankruptcy to REO (in real estate). He thinks he's really going to love it so I'm very happy for him.

We did have some baby adventures this week. On Thursday I went to the Dr. and he said I was still dilated at a 1 (just like the week before). I was a little disappointed but tried really hard just to tell myself that Sam will come when he wants to come. On Thursday night/Friday morning I started having some issues (I won't go into detail). So I had to go back to the doctor and this time she said that I was still 1 cm dilated BUT that I was almost fully effaced! She also said that Samuel's head is extremely low (which I guess is good). So she said that he will probably come this week sometime!! I was so excited! She put me on the fetal heart monitor for about 20 minutes just to make sure things were fine. My dr. was really busy that day so another one checked the monitor. Samuel's heartrate was perfect. This dr. ended up showing me what a contraction feels like by pushing REALLY hard on my uterus. After doing that, he said that we have a big baby in there. He estimated that Samuel is already 7 1/2 to 7 3/4 pounds! So I am hoping that my dr. was right and that he will come within the next couple of days. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, though. I don't really feel like he's coming and I haven't been having contractions so we will see...

Here is a pic of me at 38 weeks. I feel really good about him coming soon as far as being ready. I got all the laundry done, my thank yous written and mailed, the floor mopped, Matthew's hair cut, the bathrooms cleaned, etc. Tomorrow I am going to get a mani/pedi (thanks to a gift card from my mother-in-law) and going to run some other errands. I have definitely been nesting, for sure!!

Have a wonderful first week of summer!

1 comment:

  1. Very exciting, Amy! I can't wait to get a call from your Mom saying it's time! Glad you are caught up and ready.

    ReplyDelete