Friday, January 6, 2012

New Recipes

I am totally having an evening to myself right now and LOVING it!! Matthew went out with some guys after dinner, Samuel has been asleep for about an hour, and I have been making our grocery list and planning meals. AND re-runs of The Office is on! I love nights like this!! Anyway, I decided that I'm going to document what new recipes I'm trying and how they turned out/what I could have done differently. This week I tried two.

Country Steak with Gravy
1 (1 1/2 pound) boneless top round steak
1 (12 oz) jar beef gravy
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme

1. Cut steak into 6 equal pieces; place in a lightly greased 4-quart slow cooker. Combine gravy and remaining ingredients; pour over steak. Cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour; reduce to LOW and cook 5 1/2 to 6 hours or until meat is tender. Makes 6 servings.

I made this on New Year's Day and Matthew and I really enjoyed it. I also made mashed potatoes and green beans (which I also made for Samuel, which he didn't really like). I don't really think I would change this recipe at all. Oh, I also made strawberry champagne smoothies for New Year's Eve. They were really yummy!

Dijon Chicken
Okay I'm tired of typing out the recipe. I"ll just remember this all came from the same cookbook that I'm using right now.:) I think I cooked the chicken too long on this one. It was okay but not great.

I'm looking forward to trying three new meals this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment