Saturday, September 21, 2013

Activities with Samuel

I want to keep up with and remember the activities I do with Samuel during the day so I'm going to post them. I will probably edit this post whenever we do something new. Here are a few things we've done so far.


 We made a Fourth of July painting with cookie cutters. Cookie cutters are a great way for little ones to paint without getting extremely messy. He loved this!

 I wrote upper and lower case letters on paper plates and construction paper. Samuel is pretty good at matching them.


 

 We started making a letter book. We would decorate the letter on Mondays and then make pictures that start with that letter during the week. I've stopped this for now but I plan to come back to it.

 Samuel has played with stamps a couple of times and had a good time.


 Here's an activity where Samuel matches magnetic letters. He LOVES this one if I only bring it out every once in a while.

 We made a monster out of construction paper and tissue paper. Samuel loves monsters!

 Then we baked monster cookies!

 

 Samuel sorts construction paper shapes inside the shapes on the floor. Funny story: as I was taping the shapes down, I had done the square, circle, and triangle. I was about to do a rectangle when Samuel asked, "How 'bout hexagon?" Ha so cute. Of course, then I accidently did an octagon. Oh well.

 Samuel loves playing in the tunnel that Cammy and Out-paw gave him for his birthday. He also enjoys putting all of his stuffed animals inside with him!

Here, Samuel is doing some toy puzzles.

Samuel loves coloring with Color Wonder.

I found some dot letters online. Here, Samuel is putting a dot of paint in each dot on the paper. We will also try dot stickers and little pieces of paper.

 Samuel's favorite thing to do is to make a mess!:)



No comments:

Post a Comment