Thursday, August 13, 2015

Our Life Should be Documented and I'm Bad at That

I'm trying not to think about the fact that I haven't really documented the last two years of our lives. I'm going to cut myself some slack because 1) blogger didn't not have an app that I was aware of and 2) I have been busy raising two little handfuls. And I do take lots of pictures so hopefully that'll be good enough for them (and me!) when they're older. 

This will probably be a very long post but I'm trying to make up for lost time! Here are some things I want to remember about each of the boys at this stage in their life.

Samuel: loves octopuses and any sea animals. It's funny...when he likes something, he loves it. He knows so much about octopuses right now. He reads about them, pretends to be them, has several octopus toys...he also loves sweets, playing in the water, watching movies (Dumbo, Mr. Sherman and Peabody, and Bubble Guppies are some of his favorite things to watch), and he loves to play pretend things. Samuel dislikes having water poured on his head, eating meals (this is getting better), pooping, and taking naps (sometimes). Samuel is truly a very smart boy. Like I said, when he is interested in something, he learns everything he can about that subject. He has known all of his letters and sounds for about a year, can write all of his letters, and can write his name without help.

I know he'll hate me for this one some day, but it sums up our poop struggles perfectly.
And here is Samuel pretending to be, you guessed it, an octopus.

Okay, onto Luke. Luke loves the water. That boy could play in the water all day long. He loves baths, the pool, playing in the water in the backyard, the splash park, puddles, pouring his cup of water/juice/milk on himself...he is crazy about water. He also loves to copy his brother. If Samuel does something, you can bet Luke will try to do it also. Luke has major energy and he loves to explore. You cannot trust him to stay by your side anywhere. He will run from you in a heartbeat so we've learned to hold his hand at all times or put him in a stroller. Luke dislikes sweets, specifically cookies and ice cream!! Crazy, I know. He is our good eater but he would rather have meat and potatoes than dessert. Luke also hates being contained. This makes car rides oh so fun! Luke used to struggle with sleeping at night but that has gotten much better since we moved him in to a toddler bed. Now, Luke is smart too but just in different ways. He could care less about letters. He has recently started saying more words and he says more complex sentences now. He is my big-hearted guy. He cares if someone is hurt or sad and it makes him sad as well.



Stay tuned for more blogging! This is so much easier in my phone! Yay!!


No comments:

Post a Comment